In history, we have been working on France and Napoleon. As a virtual period task we were asked to make a life summary of Napoleon’s life.
- Borned in Corsica, 1769.
- At the age 9 his parents sent him to military school.
- At 16, he graduated and became an altillery leutenant.
- He studied strategy, lerned public speaking and joined the winning side of French Revolution.
- He was promoted to captain then commander then general… until at the age of 26, he commanded the entire French army.
- Napoleon fought wars in Italy, Austria, the Netherlands, Egypt and Syria.
- Then he came back to France, engineered a Coup D’etat, and he was in charge at the age of 30.
- Brought an end to France’s post revolution chaos.
- Re-built Paris to a beautiful city.
- Founded the french banking system.
- Created a fair modern legal code that’s still in place today.
- Crowned himself Emperor.
- Appointed his baby son “king of Rome”.
- Put other relatives in charge of other countries.
- When his army started loosing and his enemies closed in, the french got fed up and handed him to the English, exiliated to St. Helena.
- He lived there under guard for 7 years and died at age of 51.
A SMALL man… who left a HUGE legacy, and changed Europe forever.